Meditate & Create: Intention Succulent Garden with Lisa
Time & Location
About the Event
Cultivate your creativity and your own zen garden. You will curate your garden with compassion for yourself, and the earth, by choosing your own succulents and healing crystals. We will discuss the healing powers of the crystals available so that you can choose the ones best suited for you. We will also be setting an intention, in stone, as a final touch. At the end of this experience, you will have a beautiful garden to take home and love. In return, it will remind you daily of your intention so that you can align your thoughts before meditating and moving through your day. In addition, plants help us to feel happier, healthier, and more relaxed.
No art or garden experience necessary. Come as you are and join us for a really good time. We know you’ll “dig it”!
Friday, January 31, 2020
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Long Island Center for Yoga
(Cost includes all materials to make your take-home succulent garden)
Call 631-893-5445 to reserve your spot.
Pre-registration required as space is limited to 12 students.
Yoga and meditation are good for us; but,
Did you know that CRAFTING can have a similar positive impact on your well-being and overall health?
Creating - whether it be through art, music, cooking, quilting, sewing, drawing, photography or cake decorating -- is beneficial to us in many significant ways.
Benefits of crafting:
- Zen-like effects similar to meditation.
- Sense of relaxation.
- Helps those who suffer from anxiety, depression or chronic pain.
- Quiets that "fight or flight" response; reduces inflammation.
- Helps our brain to release dopamine, a feel-good chemical that is our natural anti-depressant.
- Improvement in self-efficacy, the key to how we approach new challenges and overcome disappointments in life.
- Protects against aging, improves memory and attention span, and could reduce your chances of developing mild cognitive impairment by 30% to 50%
- Improves hand-eye coordination.
- Provides social engagement, creates friendships, and boosts confidence.
- Provides a sense of accomplishment.
- It is a creative outlet. There is something to suit everyone!